Common name(s): dwarf witch-alder
Synonym(s): Fothergilla × intermedia
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~5 - 7~9
Links for Fothergilla gardenii
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (2 varieties in database) (7 photos)
- Carolina Nature - Illustrated woody plant profile, with notes on range and identification. (7 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 5-9) (11 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (zone 5) (1 photo)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 4-8) (3 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (8 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 5-8) (12 photos). Also pages for 'Blue Mist', 'Jane Platt', 'Klmtwo' BEAVER CREEK, 'Suzanne', 'Windy City', 'Blue Shadow', and 'Klmsixteen' MAY BOUQUET.
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 5-8) (6 photos)
- Rare Find Nursery: Fothergilla gardenii 'Appalachia' - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 4-8) (1 photo). Also pages for 'Bill's True Dwarf' and 'Blue Shadow'.
- Rob's Plants: Fothergilla gardenii 'Mt. Airy' - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 5-9) (5 photos)
- Sunlight Gardens: Fothergilla gardenii 'Beaver Creek' - Wildflower nursery catalog page with description and cultivation details. (zone 5-8) (1 photo). Also pages for 'Blue Mist' and ‘Mt Airy’.
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (6 photos)