Common name(s): hardy hibiscus; swamp rose-mallow
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~5 - 9~10
Links for Hibiscus moscheutos
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (38 varieties in database) (24 photos)
- Cal's Plant of the Week: Hibiscus moscheutos 'Southern Belle Strain' - Profile for plant, primarily relating to pot culture, with notes on culture and propagation. (zone 4-10) (1 photo). Also a page for 'Old Yella'.
- Carolina Nature - Photos of this native plant, often with notes on habitat and identification. (1 photo)
- Connecticut Botanical Society - Wildflower profile. (2 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 5-10) (29 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens: Hibiscus moscheutos 'Carafe Bordeaux' - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 5) (8 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 5-10) (2 photos)
- Heritage Perennials: Hibiscus moscheutos Luna White - Profile with description and horticultural details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 5-9) (1 photo)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (2 photos)
- Kansas Wildflowers & Grasses - Plant portrait with botanical details and description (7 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (23 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 5-9) (2 photos). Also pages for 'Balhiblu' LUNA BLUSH, 'Disco Belle Pink', 'Disco Belle Rosy Red', 'Disco Belle White', 'Luna Pink Swirl', 'Luna Red', 'Luna Rose', 'Scallopini', 'Who says', 'Wildwood Wonder', SUMMER SPICE BLEU BRULEE, and Southern Belle Group.
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 4-9) (2 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information (additional information for other varieties)
- Paghat's Garden: Hibiscus moscheutos 'Disco Belle Pink' - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (1 photo). Also pages for 'Disco Belle Red' and 'Luna Blush White'.
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 4-9) (5 photos)
- Sunlight Gardens - Wildflower nursery catalog page with description and cultivation details. (zone 5-9) (1 photo)
Common name(s): Hairy Large Flowered Perennial Mallow
Common name(s): Pink Rose Mallow
Synonym(s): Hibiscus palustris
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~5 - 7~9