Common name(s): black walnut
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~5 - 9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Juglans nigra
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (29 photos)
- Carolina Nature - Illustrated woody plant profile, with notes on range and identification. (14 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 4-9) (18 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (zone 5) (4 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 4-9) (3 photos)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (3 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (13 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-9) (7 photos)
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (7 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 4-9) (7 photos). Also pages for 'Black Gem' and ‘Kwik-Krop’.
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (6 photos)