Common name(s): Mountain Laurel
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~5 - 8~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Kalmia latifolia
- Alabama Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (6 photos)
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (5 varieties in database) (7 photos)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Carolina Nature - Illustrated woody plant profile, with notes on range and identification. (12 photos)
- Connecticut Botanical Society - Wildflower profile. (3 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 4-9) (18 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens: Kalmia latifolia 'Minuet' - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 4)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 4-9) (2 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (17 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-9) (5 photos). Also pages for 'Bullseye', 'Elf', 'Minuet', 'Ostbo Red', 'Raspberry Glow', and 'Sarah'.
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 4-9) (5 photos)
- Rainy Side Gardeners: Kalmia latifolia 'Ostbo Red' - Plant profile compiled by two gardeners in the Pacific Northwest. Includes propagation and pruning methods, and commentary. (zone 5-9) (1 photo)
- Rare Find Nursery: Kalmia latifolia 'Bullseye' - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 5-8) (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants: Kalmia latifolia 'Elf' and 'Keepsake' - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 4-8) (4 photos)
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (6 photos)