Common name(s): false aloe; Virginia agave
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 6~7b - 9~11
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Manfreda virginica
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (1 photo)
- Carolina Nature - Illustrated woody plant profile, with notes on range and identification. (5 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 7b-11) (3 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (zone 6) (2 photos)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (2 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (12 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 6-9) (2 photos)
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (4 photos)
- Pacific Bulb Society - One of the plants described on this page about the genus. (10 photos)
- Plant Delights Nursery: Manfreda virginica Downs Prairie, AR - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (1 photo)
- Rare Find Nursery: Manfreda virginica - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (zone 6-9) (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (zone 6-9)