Common name(s): compass plant
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~4 - 8~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Silphium laciniatum
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (10 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 3-9) (9 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (zone 4) (8 photos)
- Digging Dog Nursery - Catalog page with descriptive information (zone 3)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations.
- Kansas Wildflowers & Grasses - Plant portrait with botanical details and description (8 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (23 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-8) (1 photo)
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (6 photos)
- Rare Find Nursery: Silphium laciniatum - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (zone 3-9) (3 photos)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (2 photos)