Common name(s): American mountain-ash
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 2~3 - 6~7
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Sorbus americana
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (14 photos)
- Carolina Nature - Illustrated woody plant profile, with notes on range and identification. (7 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 2-7) (4 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (zone 3) (2 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 2-7) (2 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (11 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-6) (2 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 2-6) (8 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (6 photos)