Common name(s): eastern gamagrass
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~5 - 9~10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Tripsacum dactyloides
- Alabama Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (5 photos)
- Cal's Plant of the Week - Profile for plant, primarily relating to pot culture, with notes on culture and propagation. (1 photo)
- Carolina Nature - Photos of this native plant, often with notes on habitat and identification. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 4-10) (6 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 5-10) (2 photos)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (4 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (47 photos)
- Landscape Plants for South Florida - Description and summary information. (1 photo)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-9) (1 photo)
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (5 photos)
- Native Plants of Central Texas - Photos with brief comments from University of Texas at Austin. (14 photos)
- Rob's Plants: Tripsacum dactyloides 'Emerald Scepter' - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (zone 5-10)