Common name(s): eastern hemlock
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~4 - 7
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Tsuga canadensis
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (24 varieties in database) (16 photos)
- Arthur Lee Jacobson - Seattle plantsman describes botanical and/or horticultural aspects of this species. (7 photos)
- Carolina Nature - Illustrated woody plant profile, with notes on range and identification. (14 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 3-7) (8 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 3-7) (3 photos)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (3 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (18 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-7) (3 photos). Also pages for 'Abbott's Pygmy', 'Albospica', 'Bennett', 'Bergman's Snowflake', 'Betty Rose', 'Brandley', 'Coffin', 'Cole's Prostrate', 'Curley', 'Geneva', 'Gentsch White', 'Golden Splendor', 'Gracilis', 'Green Spider', 'Jeddeloh', 'Jervis', 'Lewis', 'Monler' EMERALD FOUNTAIN, 'Moon Frost', 'Pendula', 'Slenderella', 'Stewart's Gem', 'Stockman's Dwarf', and 'White Fountain'.
- NARGS Image Gallery - Photograph(s) contributed by North American Rock Garden Society members. (1 photo)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 3-7) (4 photos). Also a page for 'Jeddeloh'.
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (6 photos)