Common name(s): bear's breeches
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 6~7b - 9~10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Acanthus mollis
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (3 varieties in database) (15 photos)
- Central Texas Gardener - Plant of the week profile with photo and cultural information. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 7b-9a) (30 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (zone 7)
- Digging Dog Nursery: Acanthus mollis 'Rue Ledan' - Catalog page with descriptive information (zone 7)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 7-10) (2 photos)
- Heritage Perennials - Profile with description and horticultural details. (zone 7-9) (1 photo)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 7-10) (6 photos). Also pages for 'Oak Leaf' and 'Tasmanian Angel'.
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Plant Delights Nursery: Acanthus mollis Reut, Israel - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (additional pages for other varieties) (1 photo)
- Rainy Side Gardeners - Plant profile compiled by two gardeners in the Pacific Northwest. Includes propagation and pruning methods, and commentary. (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (zone 6-9) (6 photos)