Common name(s): snakeroot; black cohosh
Synonym(s): Cimicifuga racemosa
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~4 - 8~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Actaea racemosa
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (2 varieties in database) (11 photos)
- Connecticut Botanical Society - Wildflower profile. (3 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 4-8) (10 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (zone 3) (3 photos)
- Digging Dog Nursery - Catalog page with descriptive information (zone 4)
- Heritage Perennials - Profile with description and horticultural details. (zone 3-9) (1 photo)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (2 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation.
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-8) (2 photos)
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (5 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (1 photo)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information. Also a page for another instance.
- Pacific Bulb Society - One of the plants described on this page about the genus.
- Plant Delights Nursery - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (4 photos)
- Sunlight Gardens - Wildflower nursery catalog page with description and cultivation details. (zone 3-8) (1 photo)