Common name(s): Common horsechestnut; European horsechestnut
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~4 - 6~8
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Aesculus hippocastanum
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (20 photos)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 3-6) (25 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (zone 4) (1 photo)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (2 photos)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (5 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-8) (12 photos). Also a page for 'Baumannii'.
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 3-7) (4 photos)
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (zone 3-7) (6 photos)