Common name(s): bugleweed
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~4 - 8~10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Ajuga reptans
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (12 varieties in database) (12 photos)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo). Also pages for 'Atropurpurea' and 'Catlin's Giant'.
- Connecticut Botanical Society - Wildflower profile. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 3-9) (20 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens: Ajuga reptans 'Arboretum Giant' - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3) (4 photos)
- Digging Dog Nursery: Ajuga reptans 'Catlin's Giant' - Catalog page with descriptive information (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 4) (1 photo)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 4-9) (3 photos)
- Heritage Perennials: Ajuga reptans Party Colors - Profile with description and horticultural details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3-9) (1 photo)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (3 photos)
- Iris' Garden - Gardener in the Netherlands presents a photo of this plant, with basic horticultural information. (1 photo)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-10) (1 photo). Also pages for 'Arctic Fox', 'Atropurpurea', 'Binblasca' BLACK SCALLOP, 'Braunherz', 'Burgundy Glow', 'Catlin's Giant', 'Dixie Chip', 'Mahogany', 'Purple Brocade', 'Purple Torch', 'Silver Beauty', 'Toffee Chip', and 'Valfredda' CHOCOLATE CHIP.
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (5 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 4-8) (7 photos)
- Paghat's Garden: Ajuga reptans 'Burdundy Glow' - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (3 photos). Also a page for 'Pink Spire'.
- Plant Delights Nursery: Ajuga reptans 'New Orleans' - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (1 photo)
- Rainy Side Gardeners: Ajuga reptans 'Black Scallop' - Plant profile compiled by two gardeners in the Pacific Northwest. Includes propagation and pruning methods, and commentary. (zone 3-9) (2 photos). Also pages for 'Burgundy Glow' and 'Toffee Chip'.
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (3 photos)