Common name(s): Five-leaf Akebia, Chocolate Vine
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~5 - 8
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Akebia quinata
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (3 varieties in database) (15 photos)
- Asianflora - Plant photos. (15 photos)
- Carolina Nature - Illustrated woody plant profile, with notes on range and identification. (3 photos)
- Climbers - Information page with most botanical details for this climbing species of the eastern US. (5 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 5-8) (19 photos)
- Iris' Garden - Gardener in the Netherlands presents a photo of this plant, with basic horticultural information. (1 photo)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-8) (9 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 5-8) (1 photo)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Paghat's Garden - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (6 photos). Also a page for another instance.
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (5 photos)