Common name(s): nodding onion
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~4 - 8~10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Allium cernuum
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (11 photos)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 3-10a) (8 photos)
- Heritage Perennials: Allium cernuum 'Hidcote' - Profile with description and horticultural details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3-9) (1 photo)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations.
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (13 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-8) (5 photos)
- NARGS - Plant of the month portrait, with description and information about cultivation and propagation. (1 photo)
- NARGS Image Gallery - Photograph(s) contributed by North American Rock Garden Society members. (4 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information (additional information for other varieties)
- Paghat's Garden - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (zone 4-10) (4 photos)
- Southwest Colorado Wildflowers - Photos and botanical information about the species/genus. (2 photos)
- Turner Photographics - Profile of wildflower of the US Pacific Northwest, with botanical description, habitat and distribution, and photo gallery.