Common name(s): Variegated Shell Ginger
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 8 - 10~11
Links for Alpinia zerumbet
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (2 varieties in database) (4 photos)
- Arthur Lee Jacobson - Seattle plantsman describes botanical and/or horticultural aspects of this species. (4 photos)
- Asianflora - Plant photos. (2 photos)
- Cal's Plant of the Week - Profile for plant, primarily relating to pot culture, with notes on culture and propagation. (1 photo). Also a page for 'Variegata'.
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 8-10) (19 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens: Alpinia zerumbet 'Variegata' - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (zone 8) (8 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 8-11) (2 photos)
- John and Jacq's Garden - Informational page provided by home gardeners in Malaysia with details on culture and propagation. (11 photos)
- Landscape Plants for South Florida - Description and summary information. (1 photo)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 8-11) (9 photos). Also a page for 'Variegata'.
- Rob's Plants: Alpinia zerumbet 'Variegata' - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 8-11) (4 photos)