Common name(s): love-lies-bleeding
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 8 - 11
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Amaranthus caudatus
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (3 varieties in database) (29 photos)
- Annie's Annuals: Amaranthus caudatus 'Emerald Tassels' - Catalog page with photo, basic horticultural information, and noteworthy features. (additional cultivars listed in catalog) (1 photo)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo). Also a page for 'Viridis'.
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (19 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (3 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 8-11) (2 photos)
- Hayefield - Garden writer Nancy Ondra presents a plant growing in her garden, with description and photographs. (4 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (1 photo)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (5 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Rainy Side Gardeners - Plant profile compiled by two gardeners in the Pacific Northwest. Includes propagation and pruning methods, and commentary. (2 photos)
- Rob's Plants: Amaranthus caudatus 'Viridis' - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records.