Common name(s): Pineapple
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 10~11 - 12
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Ananas comosus
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (2 varieties in database) (16 photos)
- Cal's Plant of the Week - Profile for plant, primarily relating to pot culture, with notes on culture and propagation. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 11) (34 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 10)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 10-12) (3 photos)
- John and Jacq's Garden - Informational page provided by home gardeners with details on culture and propagation. (zone 11-12) (11 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 11-12) (1 photo)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (2 photos)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 10-12) (1 photo)
Common name(s): Red Pineapple; Wild Pineapple
Common name(s): variegated pineapple
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 11 - 12
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 11-12) (3 photos)