Common name(s): big bluestem grass
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 2~4 - 7~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Andropogon gerardii
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (8 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 2-7) (6 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 4) (7 photos)
- Digging Dog Nursery - Catalog page with descriptive information (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 4)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (2 photos)
- Heritage Perennials: Andropogon gerardii 'Indian Warrior' - Profile with description and horticultural details. (zone 3-9) (1 photo)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (4 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (52 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-9) (1 photo). Also a page for 'Red October'.
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (6 photos)
- Native Plants of Central Texas - Photos with brief comments from University of Texas at Austin. (4 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 4-9) (4 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Rare Find Nursery: Andropogon gerardii 'Rain Dance' - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (zone 3-8) (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (zone 3-8) (2 photos)
- Sunlight Gardens - Wildflower nursery catalog page with description and cultivation details. (zone 4-9) (1 photo)