Common name(s): wild red columbine
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 2~3 - 8~10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Aquilegia canadensis
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (4 varieties in database) (23 photos)
- Annie's Annuals: Aquilegia canadensis 'Little Lanterns' - Catalog page with photo, basic horticultural information, and noteworthy features. (zone 3-10) (2 photos)
- Carolina Nature - Photos of this native plant, often with notes on habitat and identification. (1 photo)
- Connecticut Botanical Society - Wildflower profile. (2 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 3-8) (30 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3) (5 photos)
- Digging Dog Nursery: Aquilegia canadensis 'Pink Lanterns' - Catalog page with descriptive information (zone 3)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 3-8) (2 photos)
- Heritage Perennials: Aquilegia canadensis 'Pink Lanterns' - Profile with description and horticultural details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 2-9) (1 photo)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (3 photos)
- Iris' Garden - Gardener in the Netherlands presents a photo of this plant, with basic horticultural information. (1 photo)
- Kansas Wildflowers & Grasses - Plant portrait with botanical details and description (5 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (66 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-8) (2 photos). Also pages for 'Corbett' and 'Little Lanterns'.
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (3 photos)
- NARGS Image Gallery - Photograph(s) contributed by North American Rock Garden Society members. (1 photo)
- Native Plants of Central Texas - Photos with brief comments from University of Texas at Austin. (5 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 3-8) (6 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information (additional information for other varieties)
- Paghat's Garden: Aquilegia canadensis 'Little Lanterns' - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (2 photos)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (zone 3-8) (3 photos)
- Sunlight Gardens: Aquilegia canadensis 'Corbett' - Wildflower nursery catalog page with description and cultivation details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3-9) (1 photo)