Common name(s): Rocky Mountain columbine
Synonym(s): Aquilegia caerulea
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~4 - 7~10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Aquilegia coerulea
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (11 varieties in database) (25 photos)
- Annie's Annuals: Aquilegia caerulea 'Krystal' - Catalog page with photo, basic horticultural information, and noteworthy features. (additional cultivars listed in catalog) (zone 3-10) (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 3-8) (10 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (zone 3) (5 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (14 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-10). Also a page for 'Rotstern'.
- NARGS Image Gallery - Photograph(s) contributed by North American Rock Garden Society members. (2 photos). Also a page for another instance.
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Plant Delights Nursery - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (zone 3-10) (1 photo)
- Rainy Side Gardeners - Plant profile compiled by two gardeners in the Pacific Northwest. Includes propagation and pruning methods, and commentary. (zone 4-7) (5 photos)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (zone 3-8) (2 photos)
- Rock Garden Plant Database - Encyclopedic entry with taxonomical, botanical, and horticultural details.
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (1 photo)
- Paghat's Garden - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (1 photo)