Common name(s): tropical milkweed; bloodflower
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 8~9 - 11
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Asclepias curassavica
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (5 varieties in database) (62 photos)
- Annie's Annuals - Catalog page with photo, basic horticultural information, and noteworthy features. (additional cultivars listed in catalog) (zone 8-11) (2 photos)
- Cal's Plant of the Week - Profile for plant, primarily relating to pot culture, with notes on culture and propagation. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 8-11) (57 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (zone 9) (6 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 8b-11) (2 photos)
- Iris' Garden - Gardener in the Netherlands presents a photo of this plant, with basic horticultural information. (1 photo)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 9-11) (8 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (1 photo)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Plant of the month profile (6 photos)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (4 photos)
- Smith College Botanic Garden - Photos of the species (habit, flower, leaf) (3 photos)