Common name(s): Purple Milkweed
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~5 - 8~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Asclepias purpurascens
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (6 photos)
- Connecticut Botanical Society - Wildflower profile. (4 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 5-9) (5 photos)
- Hayefield - Garden writer Nancy Ondra presents a plant growing in her garden, with description and photographs. (2 photos)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (4 photos)
- Kansas Wildflowers & Grasses - Plant portrait with botanical details and description (9 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (12 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-8) (3 photos)
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (7 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Plant Delights Nursery - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (1 photo)