Common name(s): showy milkweed
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~4 - 9~10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Asclepias speciosa
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (2 varieties in database) (15 photos)
- Annie's Annuals: Asclepias speciosa 'Davis' - Catalog page with photo, basic horticultural information, and noteworthy features. (additional cultivars listed in catalog) (zone 4-10) (3 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 3-9) (9 photos)
- Hayefield - Garden writer Nancy Ondra presents a plant growing in her garden, with description and photographs. (1 photo)
- Iris' Garden - Gardener in the Netherlands presents a photo of this plant, with basic horticultural information. (1 photo)
- Kansas Wildflowers & Grasses - Plant portrait with botanical details and description (7 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (26 photos)
- Las Pilitas Nursery - Catalog page about this California native, with description and horticultural basics. (zone 4-9) (9 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-9)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (zone 3-9) (4 photos)
- Southwest Colorado Wildflowers - Photos and botanical information about the species/genus. (5 photos)
- Turner Photographics - Profile of wildflower of the US Pacific Northwest, with botanical description, habitat and distribution, and photo gallery.