Common name(s): Butterfly Milkweed
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~4 - 9~10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Asclepias tuberosa
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (3 varieties in database) (52 photos)
- Annie's Annuals - Catalog page with photo, basic horticultural information, and noteworthy features. (zone 3-10) (2 photos)
- Carolina Nature - Photos of this native plant, often with notes on habitat and identification. (1 photo)
- Connecticut Botanical Society - Wildflower profile. (3 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 4-10) (54 photos)
- Digging Dog Nursery - Catalog page with descriptive information (zone 4)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 4-10) (2 photos)
- Hayefield - Garden writer Nancy Ondra presents a plant growing in her garden, with description and photographs. (2 photos)
- Heritage Perennials: Asclepias tuberosa 'Hello Yellow' - Profile with description and horticultural details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 4-9) (1 photo)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations.
- Iris' Garden - Gardener in the Netherlands presents a photo of this plant, with basic horticultural information. (1 photo)
- Kansas Wildflowers & Grasses - Plant portrait with botanical details and description (14 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation.
- Landscape Plants for South Florida - Description and summary information. (1 photo)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-9) (6 photos). Also a page for 'Hello Yellow'.
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (6 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 4-9) (6 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society: Asclepias tuberosa Gay Butterflies group - Germination information (additional information for other varieties)
- Pacific Bulb Society - One of the plants described on this page about the genus. (7 photos)
- Plant Delights Nursery - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (additional pages for other varieties) (1 photo)
- Rare Find Nursery - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (zone 3-9) (2 photos)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (zone 4-10) (4 photos)
- Sunlight Gardens: Asclepias tuberosa 'Hello Yellow' - Wildflower nursery catalog page with description and cultivation details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3-9) (1 photo)