Common name(s): asparagus
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~4 - 8~11
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Asparagus officinalis
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (3 varieties in database) (8 photos)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo). Also pages for 'Dariana' and 'Franklim'.
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 4-9) (3 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (zone 3) (4 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 4-8) (2 photos)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (4 photos)
- John and Jacq's Garden - Informational page provided by home gardeners with details on culture and propagation. (zone 3-11) (11 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-10). Also a page for 'Jersey Knight'.
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (3 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (3 photos)
Common name(s): Hardy Asparagus Fern