Common name(s): masterwort
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~5 - 7~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Astrantia major
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (18 varieties in database) (17 photos)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo). Also pages for 'Claret', 'Hadspen Blood', and 'Roma'.
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 5-9) (11 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (4 photos)
- Digging Dog Nursery: Astrantia major 'Buckland' - Catalog page with descriptive information (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 5)
- Heritage Perennials: Astrantia major Shaggy - Profile with description and horticultural details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3-9) (1 photo)
- Iris' Garden - Gardener in the Netherlands presents a photo of this plant, with basic horticultural information. (1 photo)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-7). Also pages for 'Claret', 'Roma', 'Rubra', 'Ruby Cloud', 'Sunningdale Variegated', and 'Venice'.
- Ontario Rock Garden Society: Astrantia major 'Variegata' - Germination information (additional information for other varieties)
- Paghat's Garden - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (2 photos). Also pages for 'Lars' and 'Ruby Wedding'.
- Rainy Side Gardeners: Astrantia major 'Hadspen Blood' - Plant profile compiled by two gardeners in the Pacific Northwest. Includes propagation and pruning methods, and commentary. (zone 5-9) (2 photos)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (5 photos). Also a page for ex 'Hadspen Blood'.
Common name(s): greater masterwort
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~5 - 7~9
Common name(s): Red Masterwort
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3 - 9