Common name(s): beautyberry
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 6~7 - 9~12
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Callicarpa americana
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (2 varieties in database) (54 photos)
- Carolina Nature - Illustrated woody plant profile, with notes on range and identification. (9 photos)
- Central Texas Gardener - Plant of the week profile with photo and cultural information. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 6-10) (32 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (zone 6) (1 photo)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 6-12) (2 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (68 photos)
- Landscape Plants for South Florida - Description and summary information. (1 photo)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 6-10) (9 photos)
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (4 photos)
- Native Plants of Central Texas - Photos with brief comments from University of Texas at Austin. (8 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 7-10) (4 photos)
- Rare Find Nursery - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (zone 7-9) (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (3 photos)
- Sunlight Gardens - Wildflower nursery catalog page with description and cultivation details. (zone 7-9) (1 photo). Also a page for ‘Welch’s Pink’.
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (6 photos)