Common name(s): camellia
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 6~7 - 8~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Camellia japonica
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (119 varieties in database) (71 photos). Also a page for 'Grand Slam'.
- Asianflora - Plant photos. (2 photos)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo). Also a page for 'Grand Slam'.
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 6b-9) (30 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens: Camellia japonica 'Dahlohnega' - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 7)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 6-9) (1 photo)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 7-9) (9 photos). Also pages for 'April Dawn', 'April Rose', 'April Snow', 'April Tryst', 'Korean Fire', and 'Spring's Promise'.
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 7-9) (3 photos)
- Paghat's Garden: Camellia japonica 'Brilliant' - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (1 photo). Also a page for 'Pink Perfection'.
- Rare Find Nursery: Camellia japonica 'Hokkaido Red' - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 6-8) (1 photo)
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (6 photos)