Common name(s): ornamental peppers
Synonym(s): Capsicum annum
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~11 - 10~12
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Capsicum annuum
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (233 varieties in database) (13 photos). Also a page for 'Turks Cap'.
- BBC Gardening: Capsicum annuum 'Purple Venezuelan' - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo). Also pages for 'Hungarian Hot Wax' and 'Numex Twilight'.
- Central Texas Gardener - Plant of the week profile with photo and cultural information. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (7 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (2 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (11 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 9-11) (23 photos). Also pages for 'Black Pearl', 'Park's Early Thickset', 'Purple Flash', and Hot Pepper Group.
- Native Plants of Central Texas - Photos with brief comments from University of Texas at Austin. (4 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (3 photos). Also a page for another instance.
- Ontario Rock Garden Society: Capsicum annuum 'Black Pearl' - Germination information (additional information for other varieties)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (3 photos)
Is a synonym for Capsicum annuum var. glabriusculum
Common name(s): Chili Pepper, Hot Pepper, Chile Petin, Chile Piquin (Pequin), Bird Pepper
Synonym(s): Capsicum annuum var. aviculare
Common name(s): Sweet pepper
Common name(s): Chilli pepper