Common name(s): leatherleaf sedge
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 6~7 - 9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Carex buchananii
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (3 varieties in database) (2 photos)
- BBC Gardening: Carex buchananii 'Red Rooster' - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 7-9)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 6) (3 photos)
- Heritage Perennials - Profile with description and horticultural details. (zone 6-9) (1 photo)
- Iris' Garden - Gardener in the Netherlands presents a photo of this plant, with basic horticultural information. (1 photo)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 6-9) (4 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information (additional information for other varieties)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (zone 6-9) (1 photo)