Common name(s): hackberry
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 2~3b - 8~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Celtis occidentalis
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (2 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 3-8a) (14 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (zone 3b) (1 photo)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 2-9)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (3 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (47 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 2-9) (5 photos)
- Rare Find Nursery - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (zone 2-9) (2 photos)
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (6 photos)
Common name(s): Common Hackberry
- Carolina Nature - Illustrated woody plant profile, with notes on range and identification. (14 photos)