Common name(s): yellowwood
Synonym(s): Cladrastis lutea
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4 - 8~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Cladrastis kentukea
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (14 photos)
- Carolina Nature - Illustrated woody plant profile, with notes on range and identification. (16 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 4-8) (1 photo)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 4) (8 photos)
- Digging Dog Nursery - Catalog page with descriptive information (zone 4)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 4-9) (2 photos)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (3 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (9 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-8) (6 photos). Also pages for 'Perkins Pink' and 'Sweetshade'.
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 4-8) (5 photos). Also a page for another instance.
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information. Also a page for another instance.
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (1 photo)
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (6 photos)