Common name(s): sweet pepperbush
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~5 - 8~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Clethra alnifolia
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (5 varieties in database) (2 photos)
- Carolina Nature - Illustrated woody plant profile, with notes on range and identification. (4 photos)
- Connecticut Botanical Society - Wildflower profile. (4 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 3b-9) (10 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens: Clethra alnifolia 'Hummingbird' - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3) (3 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 4-9) (2 photos)
- Iris' Garden - Gardener in the Netherlands presents a photo of this plant, with basic horticultural information. (1 photo)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (17 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-9) (5 photos). Also pages for 'Batsto Blush', 'Caleb' VANILLA SPICE, 'Crystalina', 'Hummingbird', 'Pink Spire', 'Rosea', 'Ruby Spice', 'September Beauty', 'Sixteen Candles', 'Sotite' WHITE DOVE, 'Tom's Compact', and SHERRY SUE.
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 3-9) (3 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Paghat's Garden: Clethra alnifolia 'Pink Spire' - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations.
- Rare Find Nursery: Clethra alnifolia 'Ruby Spice' - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (zone 5-8) (3 photos)
- Rob's Plants: Clethra alnifolia 'Hummingbird' - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 3-9) (1 photo)
- Sunlight Gardens: Clethra alnifolia 'Hummingbird' - Wildflower nursery catalog page with description and cultivation details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3-9) (1 photo)
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (6 photos)