Common name(s): elephant's ear
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 7b~9 - 10~11
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Colocasia esculenta
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (28 varieties in database) (27 photos)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Cal's Plant of the Week - Profile for plant, primarily relating to pot culture, with notes on culture and propagation. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 8-11) (36 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 9) (5 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 8-11) (4 photos)
- Landscape Plants for South Florida - Description and summary information. (1 photo)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 8-10) (3 photos). Also a page for 'Black Magic'.
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (3 photos)
- Pacific Bulb Society - One of the plants described on this page about the genus. (3 photos)
- Plant Delights Nursery: Colocasia esculenta 'Lemonade' - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (additional pages for other varieties) (1 photo)
- Rainy Side Gardeners: Colocasia esculenta 'Fontanesii' - Plant profile compiled by two gardeners in the Pacific Northwest. Includes propagation and pruning methods, and commentary. (zone 8-11) (4 photos)
- Rob's Plants: Colocasia esculenta 'Black Ruffles' - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 7b) (3 photos)
Common name(s): Black Beauty Elephant Ear
Common name(s): taro
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 9 - 12
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 9-12)