Common name(s): cosmos
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 7~9 - 10~11
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Cosmos bipinnatus
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (26 varieties in database) (37 photos)
- Annie's Annuals: Cosmos bipinnatus 'Apricot' - Catalog page with photo, basic horticultural information, and noteworthy features. (additional cultivars listed in catalog) (2 photos)
- BBC Gardening: Cosmos bipinnatus 'Purity' - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo). Also pages for 'Sea Shells' and 'Sonata Series'.
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (42 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 9-10) (3 photos)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (2 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (6 photos)
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (4 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (3 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society: Cosmos bipinnatus 'Diablo' - Germination information (additional information for other varieties)
- Rainy Side Gardeners: Cosmos bipinnatus "Sea Shells' - Plant profile compiled by two gardeners in the Pacific Northwest. Includes propagation and pruning methods, and commentary. (zone 7-11) (3 photos). Also pages for 'Pied Piper Red', Double Click Mix, and Psyche Mix.
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (3 photos)