Common name(s): Western Thorn Apple, Hawthorn, Douglas Thorntree, Black Haw
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~5 - 9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Crataegus douglasii
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (1 photo)
- Arthur Lee Jacobson - Seattle plantsman describes botanical and/or horticultural aspects of this species. (4 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 5-9) (4 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (2 photos)
- Las Pilitas Nursery - Catalog page about this California native, with description and horticultural basics. (zone 5-9) (3 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-9) (2 photos)
- Turner Photographics - Profile of wildflower of the US Pacific Northwest, with botanical description, habitat and distribution, and photo gallery.
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (6 photos)