Common name(s): firecracker flower
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 5~6 - 8~11
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Dichelostemma ida-maia
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (6 photos)
- Annie's Annuals - Catalog page with photo, basic horticultural information, and noteworthy features. (zone 6-11) (4 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 5-8) (2 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 6) (4 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (3 photos)
- Pacific Bulb Society - One of the plants described on this page about the genus. (7 photos)
- Rainy Side Gardeners: Dichelostemma ida-maia 'Pink Diamond' - Plant profile compiled by two gardeners in the Pacific Northwest. Includes propagation and pruning methods, and commentary. (zone 6-11) (3 photos)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (zone 5-8)
- Telos Rare Bulbs - One of the plants featured on this catalog page, with brief description. (additional pages for other varieties) (1 photo)
- Turner Photographics - Profile of wildflower of the US Pacific Northwest, with botanical description, habitat and distribution, and photo gallery.
- Wild Ginger Farm - One of the plants featured on this specialty nursery's catalog page, with photo and brief description. (1 photo)