Common name(s): Shooting Star
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~5 - 7~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Dodecatheon pulchellum
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (2 varieties in database) (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 3-7) (13 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (zone 5) (4 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (22 photos)
- Las Pilitas Nursery - Catalog page about this California native, with description and horticultural basics. (zone 5-9) (2 photos)
- NARGS Image Gallery - Photograph(s) contributed by North American Rock Garden Society members. (2 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information (additional information for other varieties)
- Paghat's Garden - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (zone 5-7)
- Turner Photographics - Profile of wildflower of the US Pacific Northwest, with botanical description, habitat and distribution, and photo gallery.
- Washington Native Plant Society - Photo and brief description. (1 photo)
- Wild Ginger Farm - One of the plants featured on this specialty nursery's catalog page, with photo and brief description. (1 photo)
Common name(s): Cusick's Shootingstar
Common name(s): Alaskan Shootingstar; Darkthroat Shootingstar
- NARGS Image Gallery - Photograph(s) contributed by North American Rock Garden Society members. (1 photo)