Common name(s): Avalanche Coneflower
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 2~4 - 8~10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Echinacea purpurea
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (34 varieties in database) (68 photos)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo). Also pages for 'White Lustre' and 'White Swan'.
- Cal's Plant of the Week - Profile for plant, primarily relating to pot culture, with notes on culture and propagation. (1 photo). Also a page for 'White Swan'.
- Central Texas Gardener - Plant of the week profile with photo and cultural information. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 2-10) (77 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3) (8 photos)
- Digging Dog Nursery: Echinacea purpurea 'Magnus Superior' - Catalog page with descriptive information (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 4). Also a page for 'Pica Bella'.
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 3-9) (2 photos)
- Heritage Perennials: Echinacea purpurea Ruby Star - Profile with description and horticultural details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3-9) (1 photo)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations.
- Iris' Garden: Echinacea purpurea 'Alba' - Gardener in the Netherlands presents a photo of this plant, with basic horticultural information. (1 photo)
- Kansas Wildflowers & Grasses - Plant portrait with botanical details and description (10 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (78 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-8) (7 photos). Also pages for 'Amado', 'Avalanche', 'Balsomsed' SOMBRERO SALSA RED, 'Balsomselo' SOMBRERO SANDY YELLOW, 'Butterfly Kisses', 'Coconut Lime', 'Cranberry Cupcake', 'Cygnet White', 'Doubledecker', 'Elbrook' ELTON KNIGHT, 'Fatal Attraction', 'Finale White', 'Fragrant Angel', 'Green Eyes', 'Greenline', 'Hope', 'Kim's Knee High', 'Kim's Mop Head', 'Leuchtstern' BRIGHT STAR, 'Lilliput', 'Little Annie', 'Little Giant', 'Lucky Star', 'Magnus Superior', 'Magnus', 'Meringue', 'Merlot', 'Mistral', 'Norwhinat' WHITE NATALIE, 'Ovation', 'Pas' POWWOW WILD BERRY, 'Pica Bella', 'Pink Double Delight', 'Pink Poodle', 'PowWow White', 'Prairie Frost', 'Prairie Giant', 'Prairie Splendor', 'Primadonna Deep Rose', 'Primadonna White', 'Purity', 'Raspberry Truffle', 'Razzmatazz', 'Red Knee High', 'Rubinstern' RUBY STAR, 'Ruby Giant', 'Sir Lancelot', 'Sparkler', 'Springbrook's Crimson Star', 'The King', 'Vintage Wine', 'Virgin', 'White Lustre', and 'White Swan'.
- Native Plants of Central Texas - Photos with brief comments from University of Texas at Austin. (7 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 3-8) (2 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society: Echinacea purpurea 'Ruby Giant' - Germination information (additional information for other varieties)
- Paghat's Garden: Echinacea purpurea 'Bravado' - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (3 photos). Also pages for 'Coconut Lime', 'Doppelganger' aka 'Doubledecker', 'Kim's Knee High', 'Little Magnus', 'Razzmatazz', and 'Ruby Star'.
- Plant Delights Nursery: Echinacea purpurea 'Fatal Attraction' PP 18,429 - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (additional pages for other varieties) (1 photo)
- Rainy Side Gardeners - Plant profile compiled by two gardeners in the Pacific Northwest. Includes propagation and pruning methods, and commentary. (zone 3-9) (1 photo). Also a page for 'Magnus'.
- Rare Find Nursery: Echinacea purpurea 'Green Jewel' - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3-8) (2 photos)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (4 photos)
- Sunlight Gardens: Echinacea purpurea ‘PowWow White’ - Wildflower nursery catalog page with description and cultivation details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3-9) (1 photo)
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (4 photos)