Common name(s): Fig
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 5~8 - 8~11
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Ficus carica
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (10 varieties in database) (29 photos)
- Asianflora - Plant photos. (2 photos)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo). Also a page for 'Brown Turkey'.
- Carolina Nature - Illustrated woody plant profile, with notes on range and identification. (5 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 7-10) (8 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens: Ficus carica 'Black Spanish' - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 6)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 8-10) (3 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 6-9) (5 photos). Also pages for 'Brown Turkey', 'Chicago Hardy', and 'Petite Negra'.
- North Carolina State University factsheet: Ficus carica 'Brown Turkey' - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 6-9) (4 photos). Also pages for 'Celeste', 'Magnolia', and 'Marseille'.
- Rare Find Nursery: Ficus carica 'Chicago Hardy' - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (zone 5-8) (2 photos)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 6-9) (2 photos)
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (6 photos)