Common name(s): water avens; purple avens
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 2~5 - 7
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Geum rivale
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (2 varieties in database) (6 photos)
- Connecticut Botanical Society - Wildflower profile. (4 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 2-7) (4 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (zone 3)
- Digging Dog Nursery: Geum rivale 'Lemon Drops' - Catalog page with descriptive information (zone 5)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (2 photos)
- Iris' Garden - Gardener in the Netherlands presents a photo of this plant, with basic horticultural information. (1 photo)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (5 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-7) (1 photo)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (1 photo)