Common name(s): scarlet rose mallow
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 5~7 - 9~11
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Hibiscus coccineus
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (4 varieties in database) (21 photos)
- Central Texas Gardener - Plant of the week profile with photo and cultural information. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 6-11) (58 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (zone 6)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 7-11) (2 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (5 photos)
- Landscape Plants for South Florida - Description and summary information. (1 photo)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 6-9) (3 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 5-9) (3 photos)
- Plant Delights Nursery - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (additional pages for other varieties) (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (zone 6-9) (3 photos)
- Sunlight Gardens - Wildflower nursery catalog page with description and cultivation details. (zone 6-9) (1 photo)