Common name(s): hardy hibiscus; swamp rose-mallow
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~5 - 9~10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Hibiscus moscheutos
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (38 varieties in database) (24 photos)
- Cal's Plant of the Week: Hibiscus moscheutos 'Southern Belle Strain' - Profile for plant, primarily relating to pot culture, with notes on culture and propagation. (zone 4-10) (1 photo). Also a page for 'Old Yella'.
- Carolina Nature - Photos of this native plant, often with notes on habitat and identification. (1 photo)
- Connecticut Botanical Society - Wildflower profile. (2 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 5-10) (29 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens: Hibiscus moscheutos 'Carafe Bordeaux' - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 5) (8 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 5-10) (2 photos)
- Heritage Perennials: Hibiscus moscheutos Luna White - Profile with description and horticultural details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 5-9) (1 photo)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (2 photos)
- Kansas Wildflowers & Grasses - Plant portrait with botanical details and description (7 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (23 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 5-9). Also pages for 'Balhiblu' LUNA BLUSH, 'Disco Belle Pink', 'Disco Belle Rosy Red', 'Disco Belle White', 'Luna Pink Swirl', 'Luna Red', 'Scallopini', 'Who says', 'Wildwood Wonder', and Southern Belle Group.
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 4-9) (2 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information (additional information for other varieties)
- Paghat's Garden: Hibiscus moscheutos 'Disco Belle Pink' - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (1 photo). Also pages for 'Disco Belle Red' and 'Luna Blush White'.
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 4-9) (5 photos)
- Sunlight Gardens - Wildflower nursery catalog page with description and cultivation details. (zone 5-9) (1 photo)
Common name(s): Hairy Large Flowered Perennial Mallow
Common name(s): Pink Rose Mallow
Synonym(s): Hibiscus palustris
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4 - 9