Common name(s): oak-leaf hydrangea
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 5~6 - 8~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Hydrangea quercifolia
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (12 varieties in database) (17 photos)
- Annie's Annuals: Hydrangea quercifolia 'Pee Wee' - Catalog page with photo, basic horticultural information, and noteworthy features. (zone 5-9) (1 photo)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Carolina Nature - Illustrated woody plant profile, with notes on range and identification. (6 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 6-9) (44 photos)
- Digging Dog Nursery: Hydrangea quercifolia 'Alice' - Catalog page with descriptive information (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 5)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 5-9) (2 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (16 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 5-9) (7 photos). Also pages for 'Alice', 'Amethyst', 'Brido' SNOW FLAKE, 'Flemygea' SNOW QUEEN, 'Little Honey', 'Munchkin', 'Pee Wee', 'Queen of Hearts', 'Ruby Slippers', 'Sike's Dwarf', and 'Vaughn's Lillie'.
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (5 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 5-9) (8 photos)
- Paghat's Garden - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (6 photos)
- Rainy Side Gardeners - Plant profile compiled by two gardeners in the Pacific Northwest. Includes propagation and pruning methods, and commentary. (zone 5-9) (2 photos)
- Rare Find Nursery: Hydrangea quercifolia 'Queen of Hearts' - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 5-8) (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (9 photos)
- Sunlight Gardens: Hydrangea quercifolia ‘Pee Wee’ - Wildflower nursery catalog page with description and cultivation details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 5-8) (1 photo)
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (zone 5-9) (6 photos)