Common name(s): American holly
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 5 - 9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Ilex opaca
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (4 varieties in database) (13 photos)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 5-9) (13 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (zone 5) (1 photo)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 5-9) (3 photos)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (4 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (15 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 5-9) (4 photos). Also pages for 'Canary', 'Chief Paduke', 'Clarendon', 'Delia Bradley', 'Greenleaf', 'Jersey Knight', 'Mac's Prince', 'Mae', 'Mamie Eisenhower', 'Maryland Dwarf', 'McDonald', 'Miss Helen', 'Steward's Silver Crown', 'W M Hawkins', 'Waysides Christmas Tree', and 'William Hawkins'.
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 5-9) (4 photos)
- Rare Find Nursery: Ilex opaca 'Liberty Belle' - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 5-9) (1 photo)
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (6 photos)
Common name(s): American Holly
- Carolina Nature - Illustrated woody plant profile, with notes on range and identification. (10 photos)