Common name(s): winterberry holly
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~4 - 8~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Ilex verticillata
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (9 varieties in database) (8 photos)
- Carolina Nature - Illustrated woody plant profile, with notes on range and identification. (17 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 3-9a) (7 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3) (8 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 3-9) (2 photos)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (1 photo)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (30 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-9) (6 photos). Also pages for 'Afterglow', 'Cacapon', 'Goldfinch', 'Jim Dandy', 'Maryland Beauty', 'Nana' RED SPRITE, 'Oosterwijk', 'Shortcake', 'Spriber' BERRY NICE, 'Winter Gold', and 'Winter Red'.
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 3-9) (4 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Rare Find Nursery: Ilex verticillata 'Jim Dandy' - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 4-8) (2 photos)
- Rob's Plants: Ilex verticillata 'Scarlet O'Hara' - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 4-8) (2 photos)
- Sunlight Gardens: Ilex verticillata 'Winter Red' - Wildflower nursery catalog page with description and cultivation details. (zone 4-8) (1 photo)
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (6 photos)
Common name(s): Winterberry
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3 - 9