Common name(s): Japanese iris
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~5 - 9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Iris ensata
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (236 varieties in database) (16 photos)
- Asianflora - Plant photos. (3 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 5-9) (9 photos)
- Heritage Perennials: Iris ensata White/purple veins - Profile with description and horticultural details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 4-9) (1 photo)
- Iris Species Database - Description, information about horticulture and breeding, and habitat. (19 photos)
- Iris' Garden - Gardener in the Netherlands presents a photo of this plant, with basic horticultural information. (1 photo)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-9) (11 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (1 photo)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information (additional information for other varieties)
- Paghat's Garden - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (1 photo)
- Plant Delights Nursery: Iris ensata 'Silverband' - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (4 photos)