Common name(s): blue flag
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 2~4 - 7~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Iris versicolor
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (14 varieties in database) (13 photos)
- Cal's Plant of the Week - Profile for plant, primarily relating to pot culture, with notes on culture and propagation. (1 photo)
- Connecticut Botanical Society - Wildflower profile. (2 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 4-8) (9 photos)
- Heritage Perennials - Profile with description and horticultural details. (zone 2-9) (1 photo)
- Iris Species Database - Description, information about horticulture and breeding, and habitat. (45 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (6 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-9) (2 photos). Also pages for 'Bridesmaid' and 'Whodunit'.
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (1 photo)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information (additional information for other varieties)
- Plant Delights Nursery: Iris versicolor 'John Wood' - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (1 photo)
- Rare Find Nursery - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (zone 3-9) (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (1 photo)
- Sunlight Gardens - Wildflower nursery catalog page with description and cultivation details. (zone 3-9) (1 photo)