Common name(s): Unicorn Soft Rush
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~8 - 9~10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Juncus effusus
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (2 varieties in database) (6 photos)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Cal's Plant of the Week: Juncus effusus 'Unicorn' - Profile for plant, primarily relating to pot culture, with notes on culture and propagation. (zone 4-9) (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 4-10) (2 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 4)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 4-10) (3 photos)
- Heritage Perennials: Juncus effusus 'Unicorn' - Profile with description and horticultural details. (zone 4-9) (1 photo)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (3 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (2 photos)
- Las Pilitas Nursery - Catalog page about this California native, with description and horticultural basics. (zone 8-10) (1 photo)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-9) (3 photos). Also a page for 'Quartz Creek'.
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (4 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (4 photos). Also a page for 'Spiralis'.
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Plant Delights Nursery: Juncus effusus 'Blonde Ambition' - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (additional pages for other varieties) (1 photo)
Common name(s): corkscrew rush
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~6 - 9